Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
Our event embeds an ambitious Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy, read about this strategy, as well as our aims and objectives.
Our event embeds an ambitious Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework. It is our pledge to deliver a world class event that embodies the spirit of community, belonging and equal respect.
Reaching out to as many people as possible is our ambition - to create an inspirational event that builds a sustainable, inclusive future for cycling in Scotland.
With inclusion at the heart of the 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships, to make our vision a reality along with our event partners, we pledge to:
- Welcome everyone to be part of the event
- Foster inclusion into the heart of the event to create a positive experience for everyone
- Connect with our communities
- Deliver a truly unique event which reflects the vibrant and diverse communities of Scotland
- Inspire new audiences to ride a bike
- Strengthen our communities through cycling to build a broader more diverse sport for the future with a key focus on empowering women and girls, and children and young people
“We want our communities to develop a love of cycling and to access the wide range of benefits which cycling offers. This new Equality, Diversity and Inclusion Framework will help provide opportunities for everyone, especially those who are underrepresented or less likely to participate in cycling because of barriers they face in their everyday lives. I am excited to be part of a rich, diverse celebration of cycling and to see it continue to prosper during, and beyond the event.”