Terms and Conditions
The 2023 UCI Cycling Worlds competition terms and conditions.
2023 CYCLING WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS Ltd - Ticket Lucky Draw Terms & Conditions
- The Promoter is 2023 Cycling World Championships Limited (company number: SC656048) whose registered office is at c/o VisitScotland, Ocean Point One, 94 Ocean Drive, Edinburgh, EH6 6JH (the Promoter).
- These terms and conditions apply to the giveaway entitled “Draw a bike to win tickets”.
- Entrants must be aged 18 or over. Employees, officers and directors of the Promoter, or partner companies of 2023 Cycling World Championships Limited, and their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, dealers, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of the giveaway materials and their immediate families are not eligible to enter. Anyone found to use multiple accounts to enter will be ineligible.
- To enter, you must: Draw a picture of a bike and post it on either Facebook, Instagram or Twitter using the hashtag #PowerOfTheBike
- Entry opens when the 2023 UCI Cycling Worlds –Draw a bike to win tickets is announced on our Facebook, Instagram and Twitter accounts. Entry closes on Sunday 5 August at 12 noon. Entries received outside this timeframe will not, under any circumstances, be considered. There is no purchase necessary by you to enter the lucky draw and there is no charge for submitting an entry.
- Only one prize per entrant is allowed notwithstanding multiple name and submissions.
- The entrant is the person who owns the social account to made the like, comment, share and follow.
- There will be 1 winner, who will receive a pair of MTB XC Tickets on 11 August at Glentress Forest, Tweed Valley. There will be no runner-up prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the right to amend the specification of the prize or offer an alternative prize of equivalent status. No cash alternative will be offered. The Prize is non-transferrable and non-refundable. The winners will not receive any money as a result of winning the giveaway.
- Unsuccessful entrants will not be contacted. The decision of the Promoter on all matters is final.
- A random draw of all valid entries will take place within 1 hour after the closing date to select the winner. The winner will be notified through their corresponding social channel, and MUST respond by midnight within seven days of the date of contact, providing a valid UK address for the prize to be despatched to. If a selected winner does not meet all of the entry conditions or refuses the prize, another entrant will be selected at random from the remaining eligible entries within a reasonable timeframe.
- In exceptional circumstances, the Promoter may be required to cancel, alter and/or amend the giveaway at any stage if deemed necessary in its own opinion and entirely at its own discretion, or if any circumstances arise outside of the Promoter’s control.
- Entry to the lucky draw is conditional on acceptance of these terms and conditions. These terms and conditions will be governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Scotland and you agree that any disputes arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions and/or the lucky draw will be subject to the jurisdiction of the Scottish Courts. By entering this giveaway you are deemed to have read and accepted these terms and conditions.
- The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any person it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the operation of the giveaway, or to be acting in breach of these terms and conditions and/or in any way that is inconsistent with the spirit of the giveaway.
- The winner may be acknowledged from the Promoter’s Twitter, Facebook and/or Instagram accounts .
- You acknowledge that, as a subsidiary of a Scottish Public Authority, all information held by the Promoter is subject to the requirements of certain access to information legislation, including the Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002, the Access to Environmental Information (Scotland) Regulations 2004 and the Public Services Reform (Scotland) Act 2010 (each as amended) (the “FOI Laws”). You acknowledge that the Promoter may be obliged under the FOI Laws to disclose information relating to all or any part of any information you provide to the Promoter or submit in connection with the giveaway. You acknowledge that the Promoter will be responsible for determining in the Promoter’s absolute discretion whether any information requires to be disclosed in accordance with the provisions of the FOI Laws, and that nothing in these terms and conditions shall prevent the Promoter from disclosing (and the Promoter shall not have any liability to you in connection with the disclosure of) any information pursuant to the FOI Laws.
- This giveaway is promoted and administered solely by the Promoter and is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook, Instagram or Twitter. Each entrant or participant releases Facebook, Instagram and Twitter from any obligations in relation to the lucky draw and waves all rights against them in relation to the giveaway.