Digital House Rules
Online & digital house rules applying to all 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships social media accounts and digital platforms.
These online & digital house rules apply to all 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships social media accounts and digital platforms.
(In addition to our rules, remember that all social media platforms and websites have their own terms of service too.)
Rules of Engagement
We want our online channels to be a space where everyone feels comfortable participating.
We want to foster a, friendly open and fun environment that encourages you to share your views, and politely listen to those of others.
Be kind, be respectful, and have fun!
Our digital and online platforms are open to the public – that means your comments are seen by everyone, so kindly think before you post online.
Be respectful – words carry weight and have impact – therefore if you have a criticism, think carefully about how to convey your tone. Sometimes how your comment comes across to others can be different to how you intended it.
We welcome healthy and considerate discussion, but in a respectful manner.
When engaging with the 2023 UCI Cycling Worlds and other people, please:
- ensure you’ve read and understood all our discussion rules
- keep your contributions relevant to the discussion topic
- use offensive language
- make contributions that are unlawful, inflammatory, harassing, abusive, threatening, harmful, obscene, profane, sexual or racist
- spam or resubmit the same, or similar, content persistently
- make defamatory contributions (untrue and capable of damaging the reputation of a person or organisation)
- make contributions containing someone else’s copyright material
- make contributions containing personal information that could identify people without their permission (last names, addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, usernames, etc)
- make contributions containing false news designed to spread misinformation, or manipulated images/videos designed to mislead
- use our channels to sell 2023 UCI Cycling Worlds tickets onto others
How we moderate comments
The 2023 UCI Cycling World Championships actively moderate our channels.
We reserve the right to take action where we consider contributions to be in breach of these rules. These actions include:
- Hiding your comment
- Deleting your comment
- Report your comment to a platform for breaking its community standards
- Banning commenters from our channel on a temporary basis (spamming)
- Permanently banning commenters from our channel
- Reporting your comment to law enforcement bodies
Whilst we appreciate that the use of language, and how this is perceived by others, is subjective, we take a strict line on offensive content that includes hate speech. This is to safeguard a friendly and open environment and promote a culture of mutual respect and discussion.
ANYONE repeatedly engaging with us using content or language which falls into the above categories will be blocked and/or reported to the associated social media platform.
We will not tolerate or respond to abusive messages.